We need more space

Cam is on for a bit. I’m trying new software, it doesn’t seem to put those evil lines in. We’ll hope it keeps working right. I can’t put the date/time at the bottom of the picture anymore though, which is kinda annoying. Oh well.

It’s saturday. It’s a bit chilly outside, but I’m comfortable in this sort of weather so I’m happy. Woke up with a headache, and jay was sleeping on the couch. I keep telling him that we need to get a bigger bed, maybe he’ll believe me now. Not that we can get one yet, we still have to worry about moving & stuff.

• Anonymous

June 24, 2000 at 8:23 am

Things to Sleep On

Hiya JennyLee….Why not get a futon? They are cheap and comfy as well…The new software IS better. Linage much reduced…which software do you use for the Cam?….
    wondering
    GreenGartside

June 24, 2000 at 8:28 am

Re: Things to Sleep On

I’m using Webcam32 now, the shareware version. I was using chillcam, it was giving me all the nasty lines.

Futon – if we get one, I would want at least an 8-10″ mattress. I had one back in college, but it was thin and very very uncomfortable. I could feel the wooden boards through the mattress.

June 24, 2000 at 8:34 am

Re: Things to Sleep On

Hmm… the shareware version of webcam32 stops working after about half an hour and you have to restart it. that sucks.

• Anonymous

June 24, 2000 at 8:41 am

Re: Things to Sleep On

Webcam32 needs a kick in the pants, but at least you can learn aboot the program….ah well. Anyway, I am Green Gartside, and from now on I will not sign GG as too many people will mistake it for Goofy…..
        Anyway…….see ya!
        P.S. u r soo cool!!!! I AM GREEN(envy!):)

• jezebel

June 24, 2000 at 10:08 am

Re: Things to Sleep On

Yah, it’s a demo version…. I paid the $25 for the regular version 2.5 years ago and have been really really happy with it. =)

June 24, 2000 at 10:35 am

Re: Things to Sleep On

I’ll have to look into buying the full version at some point. I hate buying online though, since I don’t have credit cards (by choice) and I’m really bad at mailing stuff out. Maybe I can find it in a store or something.

• rpgman

June 24, 2000 at 11:40 am

webcam32

You should be able to add the date/time captions using webcam32. In fact, you should be able to contruct just about any caption you want using the advanced captioning function. The time codes you need to embed in your caption can be found here

June 24, 2000 at 11:46 am

Re: webcam32

Hey, thanks… so can you add more than one caption in webcam32? Like have the date/time at the bottom of the pic, and a separate caption at the top? Just curious… 🙂

• rpgman

June 24, 2000 at 12:01 pm

Re: webcam32

Go to Settings -> Captions…
        Click on the Advanced Caption Tab
        Click on Add
        Right click on “

” and select edit to enter your caption. Position the caption in the “Caption Positioning” window by dragging and sizing.

You may use the time codes in any of your captions to inset the date/time.

June 24, 2000 at 1:53 pm

Re: webcam32

Thanks, got it! 😉

• rpgman

June 24, 2000 at 3:03 pm

Re: webcam32

So I see. The picture still isn’t great, is it the cam or the software settings? What cam are you using?

June 24, 2000 at 3:14 pm

Re: webcam32

Logitech Quickcam Home… It’s weird, it comes & goes. I’ve fiddled with all the hardware settings I can think of though. It’s frustrating.

• rpgman

June 24, 2000 at 3:49 pm

Re: webcam32

Maybe you could borrow someone elses cam to see if the problem goes away. The Logitech QuickCam parallel that I’m using is almost two years old and I’ve never had a problem with it.

June 24, 2000 at 3:58 pm

Re: webcam32

Heh… I don’t know anyone else around who has a cam and would be willing to part with it. I’m sure there’s someone, but I don’t know who. This one’s USB.

• mtbandit

June 24, 2000 at 6:33 pm

Re: webcam32

I saw cams at the PC show for about $40. I was tempted to get one and set up the RoommateCam. Man, he’d kill me.