It’s scary when things look good

A night’s sleep didn’t really lessen the impact of that whole MSN deal. It still feels very unreal. It’s really good for WomenGamers and their site promotion and stuff, that’s for sure… and it’s good for me, too, I think, assuming I don’t come off sounding dumb or anything.

So we looked at that apartment last night, like I already mentioned. It was really a nice place, especially for the price & area it’s in. It’s got a bbq deck for the buildings, the unit we are looking at has a dishwasher (for more information on the state of my dishes, please see this article I wrote a few months ago, complete with photo of my dishes…) It’s a big two bedroom, and it has WINDOWS and a bathroom with cupboards, and lots of storage space, and the rent is inclusive and it’s amazing. Anyhow, I love the place. All we have to do is impress the landlord with our credit check stuff. *sigh* that’s going to be the hard part. My full time job is less than impressive, payscale-wise, even if I do supplement it with freelance income. Jay’s still not working, although he is taking on some freelance work now too, and he will shortly have a whole lot of money in the bank which will help out enormously. I’m just hoping that they like us based on who we are and such.

Oh, and the building allows Cats. No dogs though – which is fine with me, since I don’t have a dog.

I can’t hope for this. I want it so much, and I know I can’t hope for it. Too much is going well, going right… I’m trying to avoid thinking about it, but I can’t help but wonder, again, if the other shoe will drop. I’m always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Last time things started to look good was when I lost Squeak. *sigh* trying not to think about it. I really truly am.

• eyean

June 29, 2000 at 7:24 am

thank god. she’s back…

=)

June 29, 2000 at 8:00 am

😉 good morning. it’s raining today. I forgot my umbrella. I’m actually looking forward to getting soaked, if I get the chance. 🙂 I love the rain.

How are you?

• eyean

June 29, 2000 at 8:16 am

je suis en forme aujourd’hui. merci.

rain. i love rains. but hate the gloom. i come from a country that’s being ravaged by some 30 typhoons and 70 earthquakes a year. yeah, like god doesn’t know we have other problems to think of, then he play a lil joke. 😉

the weather is joke. 9 months of rainy season and 3 months of really bad weather. just kidding. happens on la ?ina years only.

work has been pretty calm today. i love thursdays and thurdays love me. ahhh. just a lil bit longer and voila, it’s friday.

currently looking at easyjet rates… london and amsterdam looks attractive for the weekend. i’m a cheap flyer.

don’t get soaked, you’ll get the sniffles.

June 29, 2000 at 8:24 am

Hmmm… sniffles wouldn’t be good.

Heh… trip to london (england) for me is about 400$ return. I won’t be going there very soon.

• eyean

June 29, 2000 at 8:31 am

uhm… sometimes they have roundtrip fares of about 90chf… and for barcelona it’s only 69chf… lucky livin in central europe… heheh… easyjet is like a bus, purchase online and bring your printed confirmation… voila… c’est tout… you’re on your way…

too many choices… life is freakin short here…

June 29, 2000 at 8:33 am

Life is too short anywhere… So I keep myself busy! 😉

• eyean

June 30, 2000 at 2:14 am

anywhere? nah… there’s a tribe of indians in mexico who thinks life is too long… when they think they had enough, they just tell the tribe, “i have seen it coming. i’m going to die in three days.” there is mourning… he is then led to a scared ground where he just lies down. after three days the tribe goes back to bury his lifeless body.

when i was in mexico earlier this year. dave told me about this. i think peter gabriel even made a song out of it.

isn’t that cool? knowing when the hour of death comes?

June 30, 2000 at 6:32 am

Hmm… that would be neat to know like that.

And Peter Gabriel has written some amazing songs…

• eyean

June 30, 2000 at 6:55 am

good morning pixiegirl…

it’s almost 4 p.m. here… time for another coffee break…

yep. we might have another weeniestock this august. a few canucks will come. and dave will tell me indian tales once more… how’s your day lass?

June 30, 2000 at 7:37 am

Heh… I’ve spent all morning so far (It’s 10:40 now) hanging plants in the office. It’s been fun. 🙂 Much better than doing real work. 😉

• eyean

June 30, 2000 at 7:45 am

good. green thumb girl.

my office is bare. except for b/w pictures on my wall. a bottled water. an iced tea. i have yet to put a venus flytrap. lol.

June 30, 2000 at 7:52 am

Mine is a mass office shared between about 25 people… we have cubicles, the air is bad, we really need a water cooler. In my cubicle I’ve just got my darth vader posters (Must get a darth vader pez dispenser…) my Koosh guy and a black chain draped over my monitor (left over from the plant hanging extravaganza. We needed something in here to brighten the place up… 🙂

• eyean

July 3, 2000 at 1:52 am

mornin lass.

i got this koosh thing from universal studios. it’s an eyeball that squirts blood and does rude farting sounds.

=)

July 3, 2000 at 10:33 am

Heh… I hit post reply before I replied. Good show. 🙂

That sounds far too entertaining, I’d never get any work done!

• eyean

July 4, 2000 at 2:35 am

mornin lass.

this thread is getting long. heheh. work jennylee, work. what’s for lunch? i only have 6chf in my pocket. i’m too lazy to find an atm. i’ll get some yoghurt.