I’m the only one I know who loves Blue Rodeo

I slept a lot last night… I went to have a bath around 10:30, then decided after the bath to go relax on the bed for a while, and then I just passed out and slept until 7 in the morning. Jay didn’t go to bed at all, he was up playing Star Trek Armada all night. (*grumble*) He’s going to check out an apartment today though. Then he’ll probably go home, sleep most of the day because he won’t be feeling good, and then not be able to sleep tonight and end up staying up all night again. And so on.

It looks more and more like I’m going to Stardust Picnic by myself again this year. I didn’t really mind much going by myself last year (except that I ended up writing a lot of lonely poetry…) but it would be nice to have company to pass the time with. People seem either to not be able to afford it or not be interested. I do have to expect that when I mention that it’s Blue Rodeo‘s show. There are 10 other bands playing too, but since Blue Rodeo is the host, that seems to turn people off of being interested.

I need more friends who like my type of music. I even posted in Marigold‘s forums to see if anyone there would want to go with me, but people either can’t afford it or just aren’t interested. Ahh well, I enjoyed it alone last year, I guess I can do the same this year… maybe I’ll even buy myself sushi for lunch or something, they have a lot of different booths set up and make it kinda like a fair atmosphere. It’s always a lot of fun. Here’s hoping, if I do go by myself, I don’t run into anyone that I don’t particularly want to see. That would wreck the whole afternoon for me.

• eyean

July 5, 2000 at 8:43 am

goedemorgen.

so you watched your neighbour celebrate 4th of july? lol. do canadians celebrate the war of 1812 at all? lol.

July 5, 2000 at 8:53 am

hehehe naw, we ignore the 4th of July – we celebrate the first of July, Canada Day. 🙂 We were far more civilized about gaining our independence from Great Britain, although we’re still officially part of the Commonwealth, or something like that… anyhow, there was a lot less bloodshed. 🙂

• eyean

July 5, 2000 at 9:02 am

is that pudgy ole queen still in the canadian coin? my mom gave me a three-peso coin from cuba two months ago. che guevarra was on it. tr?s cool.

heavens, you canadians didn’t have to throw all those precious tea overboard. lol.

July 5, 2000 at 9:05 am

*sigh* Such a waste of good tea…. I love my tea…

Queen is still on the back of the coins & bills. Every once in a while she comes for a visit and waves at everyone from the back seat of a car. It’s all very polite.

• eyean

July 5, 2000 at 9:14 am

she’s earning 7.9 gbp a year for waving… it’s just past six p.m. here… i’m going early to bake a peanut-butter cookies.

some snotty french friends cringe when i ‘slap’ peanut butter and jelly on my croissants. curses, it’s the only thing i do when i run out of butter, cheese or ham. what do they want me to do, put tomatoes? ahhh. i hate it when they raise an eyebrow on what i eat. they just can’t get it. i am what i eat.

was that a qualified rant? sowee.

i better run, there’s also pingpong tonight.

July 5, 2000 at 9:28 am

qualified rants are great 😉 and I like cheese sandwiches melted in the microwave… that has to be something many people would frown upon…

• ex_zuul504

July 5, 2000 at 9:51 am

Re: cheese sandwiches

i think the toaster oven is better suited to that task…

July 5, 2000 at 10:00 am

Re: cheese sandwiches

That would require purchasing a toaster oven….. 😉 I’m working on that… need a bigger kitchen first.

• ex_zuul504

July 5, 2000 at 10:03 am

logistics

don’t go gettin’ all technical on me now : )

i’m probably the only person in the states that doesn’t have a microrave… the other day a girl was in my apartment (not what you think) and she was like… you know microwaves are wicked cheap now adays… like… hint hint… : )

July 5, 2000 at 10:35 am

Re: logistics

Heh… my mom got a microwave in 1981 or so… For as long as I can remember, I’ve cooked with a microwave. Since I’m not a great cook, I don’t think I could live without my microwave, although it’s mostly for reheating stuff and instant frozen pasta meals now… 🙂

• shrubber

July 5, 2000 at 12:25 pm

Re: logistics

When my parents bought our first microwave (way back when I was a teenages) our oven stopped working soon after. Since they didn’t have the money to buy a new oven right away (microwave was a big expense!) we learned quickly how to actually cook with it. You *can* cook with a microwave. 🙂

• duncan

July 6, 2000 at 12:22 pm

Re: logistics

1984…..

July 6, 2000 at 12:53 pm

Re: logistics

hehehe… I was still pretty little. 😉 in 84 I was… ohh… 7 or so, til October when I turned 8. 😉