The new livejournal client does private entries!

Hey, this new livejournal proggy lets you set entries as public or private or whatever. Neat. I don’t know that I’ll be doing many private entries though… if I’m saying something, I may as well say it for everyone to read.

New for today – the server has been down most of the day. I haven’t been able to get much work done. It’s a tad frustrating. I’ve also figured something out – I don’t like the way my desk is facing. I have my back to a door, and it really bothers me a lot. I don’t like that people can walk up behind me. Must be a feng shui sort of thing (or however you spell it.) Or it’s just a psychological thing – I know that, because of the way I grew up (paranoid and afraid of people) I like to be able to see pretty much every entrance to a room that I’m in. I feel very uncomfortable with having my back to a door. I’m thinking about moving my desk, but I don’t know how they would take that – are they just going to think that I want to do it so that no one can see my monitor when they walk in the room? I don’t know… I’ll wait til I’m a bit more settled I think. I just don’t like it.

• scottobear

July 19, 2000 at 12:27 pm

feng shui

that’s how I spell it! I prefer the gunslingers seat in any situation, too… Lets you get a better feel for change, and more time to adapt.

July 19, 2000 at 12:37 pm

Re: feng shui

Glad I’m not the only one 🙂

• scottobear

July 19, 2000 at 12:44 pm

Re: feng shui

the tricky thing is when you get 5 people with the same preference together at an IHOP. 🙂 It starts to look like planned seating for a TV show.

July 19, 2000 at 1:07 pm

Re: feng shui

hehehehehehehe

There aren’t any IHOP’s in Toronto that I’m aware of, but I have been to one. 😉

• scottobear

July 19, 2000 at 1:44 pm

Re: feng shui

no IHOPs in toronto! Yikes!!!! do you at least have waffle house’s ?

July 19, 2000 at 2:43 pm

Re: feng shui

I don’t think so…. some Golden Griddle’s, but I’m not so fond of them.

• scottobear

July 19, 2000 at 2:51 pm

Re: feng shui

hmmm. what do you do for waffles? goodness! do you need a care package? It’s criminal not to have tasty breakfast food, in the land of canadian bacon. (What do canadians call canadian bacon? or do they call USA bacon USA bacon?)

July 19, 2000 at 5:47 pm

Re: feng shui

Umm… I think that what you call canadian bacon, we call Back Bacon. Anything else is just bacon. 😉

As for waffles – there’s a super-expensive place that I go to once every few months or so that serves belgian waffles with ice cream and stuff, but nothing that’s really a place to go to more often than that. Mmmmmm belgian waffles with ice cream… nummy….

• scottobear

July 19, 2000 at 9:30 pm

Re: feng shui

MMM indeed! the best thing from belgium is certainly the waffle.

• mtbandit

July 19, 2000 at 12:56 pm

I can’t sit with my back tot he door. I guess I prefer the gunslinger’s spot too… close to a wall, so noone’s beind me or sneaking upon me.

• duncan

July 19, 2000 at 3:52 pm

Rearrange

Your office, put things where you want them to be!
    If you’re sharing just ask if they mind if you rearrange to suit yourself.

July 19, 2000 at 5:49 pm