Logically, though, I really can’t go to Toronto with the car this week, even if I did have the gas money.
- Someone has to take care of the six cats.
- While Adam’s parents took Cassie, they left Chestnut (he’s too old to make the run from Bear island to the cottage) and he will need extra love and attention or he will succumb to horrible depression. Nothing worse than a depressed dog.
- Adam’s parents would flip if we just took off like that (snow paranoia would kick in. They fear the snow.)
- They left us with the red Escort, which I don’t entirely trust to make the five hour drive each way.
- We couldn’t afford to feed ourselves in Toronto
- Adam is still quite sick.
- I still feel like I’m catching something.
It is entirely unreasonable, based on these facts, to actually seriously consider driving down south. It was a nice thought for a while though.
Last night was fun. I actually got up and sang and played a few songs. The sore throat made it a bit challenging, and I’m told that the mic level wasn’t high enough, but people seemed to like it. And hey, they all seem to love Blue Rodeo. What more could I want from an audience?