Greetings JennyLee —

Here is your horoscope for Thursday, March 13:
The Stars insist on full disclosure. Wipe the slate clean and get a new start. Your feelings are important in the long run, but some would argue that they’re irrelevant in this situation.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

My head has been quite painful today, since last night. The lights from the computer were too bright when I went to bed last night, I had to turn them off. I think I’m becoming a cave-dweller or something, I can’t seem to tolerate brightness anymore. Anxious for winter to be done with, so I can open my eyes when I’m outside again – the snow blindness is killing me. If I had fifteen dollars I’d buy some sunglasses.

I have to wonder… why do you read my journal? I’m just curious, really. And if you just skim it and don’t actually read any of my entries, then why do you keep me on your friends list (if that’s the case?)

I wish I could take an Aikido class up here. And some Ashtanga yoga. And I’d like to be able to breathe without coughing up a lung. Blasted cold.

• lafemmezilla

March 13, 2003 at 1:27 pm

i read because you kick ass. you know this, why do you ask?

i know, positive reinforcement is needed at times.

• tjousk

March 13, 2003 at 2:51 pm

I read because … Hmmmm, why do I?

You are quite different to everyone else.
    You quite often make me think differently.
    You rock.
    etc.

And yes, I do sometimes skim, but when I do, I am usually skimming everything, with the intention of coming back to interesting stuff later.

• mishamish

March 13, 2003 at 3:13 pm

I don’t actually read it… I just translate the characters to their numeric equivalents, then translate THAT to Hebrew to see if you are secretly the Metatron, speaking the words of God to me. So far, you’ve told me that Dennis Leary is a closet Liberal, that the second coming of Christ will take place last thursday (no mistake on the tense there… HEY! YOU said it!), and that eating styrofoam is the only way to save my soul.

However, I’m beginning to think you may not be the Metatron after all.

And, after all that, I *DO* occaisionally read an entry or two, and it’s interesting. What more can I say?

Misha

• mishamish

March 13, 2003 at 3:17 pm

Besides which, your a fellow poet/philosopher/musician/thingummie cast adrift in this nonsensical world. I’m hoping I can learn a bit from example. The whole “you’re cute” bit is there, too, but generally buried under the “you’re taken” bit. You know how it is. Hehe, besides, if I didn’t have a friends list, I wouldn’t have people to post random comments to, seeing as I find it too incredibly difficult to keep an LJ of my own (though I am getting better about updating my OpenDiary). But that’s only a MINOR bit. Really.

• xoobee

March 13, 2003 at 8:02 pm

Cuz I really like you and I miss you and I suck at email. So it’s a way to keep up with what you’re doing. *hugs*

• maggi1234

March 13, 2003 at 8:52 pm

why do you think?

We like you….:)

• _devin_

March 13, 2003 at 10:13 pm

Why I read your journal

Hello. I think this is my third posting in total in your journal. First of all I couldn’t resist not replying to your question that you asked of your audience. Why are people reading your journal? What keeps them coming back?

First of all I should mention that you are only one of two journal entries that I read period. The other is someone from Boston that I find very annoying and as a result I skim theirs and read yours. 🙂 haha. No I am not sucking up just explaining that I am not really an active participator in this forum and I, like you, feel comfortable in small crowds even among people I know. I run my own little chat server on my computer and most of my friends (online and otherwise) come to that forum not here. But I digress…The question remains why?

The answer is not one thing but the biggest factor is that you actually have some real issues which go through your head which I can relate to as revealed in a particulary long journal which you wrote recently where you stated “It’s odd… I don’t usually think that things I write in my journal will cause other people to think about their own stuff.”

I don’t know why you would think this. Is this because of what you call your “incessant inferiority complex” or other reasons? And that leads me to another reason. You don’t strike me as a “cookie-cutter” follow the crowd kind of person and it is hard to figure you out for lack of a better way to put it. This may seem strange and a weird thing to say but perhaps I can clarify. When I first started reading your journal it was when you were just getting ready to leave from Toronto. You kept on referring to the fact that it would be a good move but I had no context…no history. So like a reader of a dectective novel I found myself just plain curious! Why the sudden move? I went back and read previous journal entries to glue the missing peices together. Certain bits were filled in but not much….just the bare minimum to keep me curious to keep on checking in. And to be honest I still don’t understand the motivating factors of why you left. And to be frank it is NONE of my business. I have never even met you before! 🙂 Had I figured out why I would have been bored and moved on to another journal. That sense of mystery combined with your daily musings about the struggles you write about and conflicts you face I can identify with. I too have felt isolated and frusterated…I too have never been one of the cool crowd but on rare occasions have made a couple of friends from that “set”. I too was traumatized by the “raw” aspect of high school but thank god have LONGED moved on from such silliness. God help us if the world is just one big high school. Can you say nightmare?

Well I have rambled on a lot. I don’t know why I wrote this just felt compelled to. I won’t give you any advice. I don’t feel qualified to do so and I think it would be just plain silly if I did. But I hope your confidence goes up. I listened to your mp3 Daemons more than once and I thought it was great. I didn’t do it to “suck up” because I didn’t even know you. The reason was because it shows talent…it is a very good peice…and you should be legitemately proud. To be truthful I am glad you are not “stuck up” and overly fake or conceited. That would be a worse tradgedy than being under confident. But yet it is always about balance. You deserve not to have to worry about such things because those who follow their own paths are stronger for it in the end. In the past I know for myself that I regret worrying and sweating about the really small things. Someonce once said that to me a long time ago..”Devin you know what your problem is…you sweat the small things.” And I agreed with them! It was true..it didn’t help though..my insecurities could not be evaoporated by my realization of this element of my personality. But time is a ticking and everyone has to do the best they can with whatever resources they have…even when those resources are painfully small and inadequate!

Anyway I think I’ve said enough. Too much anyway. I wish you luck and will keep on reading because frankly I find your journal intriguing.

– Devin

• mithoviel

March 13, 2003 at 10:25 pm

I like your…

insight.

creative writing.

photography.

• Anonymous

March 15, 2003 at 3:44 am

why?

well, gee.
    I enjoy your words. I like how if I’m feeling lonely, I can check up on the comings and goings of this mischieveous, fiery, witty, intelligent, musically inclined and talented girl, who is ever pessimistic but still has such hopeful dreams (that have the strong possiblity to become reality!).
    you treat people with respect, you give/share so much of yourself and it is such a gift! thank you, thank you, thank you. another candle in the gloom that offers friendly light to those drawn to it’s warmth.

-jinx

• Anonymous

March 15, 2003 at 1:08 pm

Re: why?

Because we can;
      Because we are curious;
      Because its interesting to see what is going on in the life of someone we know and care about?

and .. because 🙂