Really just a bitchy whine about pointless crud…

My frustration and annoyance knows no bounds. How I hate you, Outlook.

Working on my only day off. Oh well, who needs to relax anyway? Besides, all I was going to do at home was grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning, and other such things. I don’t need clean clothes or food either.

I’m trying to feel positive, but lately I’ve had too much on my mind to really keep it up. I just don’t see the point of any of this. I’m seeing and talking to my friends less now that I’m in the same city as I did when I was up north. I haven’t had the time off or extra cash to start working on my own stuff. Why am I here again? I fail to see the point.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I don’t like working at the theatre, and it’s not like the ABBA has driven me completely mad yet, because it hasn’t. Not yet anyhow. The theatre’s a pretty simple job, when you take it apart, and the people I work with are nice. The lack of flexibility in hours is dampening my spirit, but that’s not such a big deal I guess. People I work with tell me it can be worked around, that they work things out to see their friends, or that they just aren’t social anymore. I’m not sure if that makes me feel better, since I’ve been trying to work around my schedule to see my friends and it’s for the most part not working at all. Plus, having only one day off a week basically means I can’t ever go anywhere for a weekend, since I don’t get one. Can’t go out to evening things because I work at an evening thing… maybe all my friends could come see Mamma Mia sometime? Yeah. Like that’ll happen. Because they all love ABBA so very much. Funny thing it, it really is a funny good show and the music’s a lot of fun.

At any rate, I haven’t been particularly cheerful the past week or so, and I think it’s getting to Adam, since he’s pretty happy about how things are working out according to our plan. And it’s not that I’m unhappy about it, it’s just that I’m not specifically happy either. I just feel like all this is kinda pointless, and I hate that feeling.

And we still don’t know if we got the apartment we applied for, so we don’t know if we have a place to live for November first or not.

• ex_oki86

October 20, 2003 at 1:06 pm

Maybe part of the frustration is about settling in… or rather trying to manage to find a place and settle in.

I know that feeling. I hate it as well.

The other thing that could be getting to you is the city air pollution… coming from teh clean air and lovely nature scene to the smogginess that is Toronto could dampen anybody’s spirit some.

Oh, lottery jackpot… how you elude me. If only I won it, then maybe I can help all our lives be good.

• mandamus

October 20, 2003 at 6:53 pm

You can dance … you can dance … okay, I admit it – I’m an Abba disliker (only because hate seems like too strong a term :)) But its good to hear you’re working 🙂

You owe me a coffee sometime – I’ll have to make time for that in my schedule at some point.

P.S. I have a friend coming to visit from Utah and I know she and her travelling companion might like to see Abba … any hints on how they can score tickets, or are they generally available?

October 20, 2003 at 8:30 pm

Tickets are generally available… just go to the box office or call ticketking. The seats start at about 26$ each, going up to just over 100 or so. The best seat in the house is First Balcony A21 – Princess Diana sat there, or so they tell me. Anyhow, it’s a good spot.

Coffee would be good… I’m off Mondays, I’m off Sunday evening, and then I work every other evening until 11:00pm. I have most days off until about 6:30, when I start work – not including saturday and wednesday when we have double shows, so there’s a matinee as well as the evening show. Think you can work around that?

And the line is You can dance… you can jive…

I know all the words now. Every last one.

• mandamus

October 20, 2003 at 8:43 pm

Ugh – just knew I’d screw the words up!

I’ll have to work around that schedule, but it might take some doing. On a totally different topic, a friend of mine and her roomate are moving out of their two bedroom apartment on Kingston near Main. Its a really nice place,lots of wood in the interior, balconies in both front and back. Its on the second floor of a house with a single flight of stairs walk up. Nice living room area, small dining room and kitchen and single bathroom. There is parking in back, and a bus stop at the front door.

Rent is $1,036 plus utilities, and they are planning to move Dec 1st. If there is an interest, let me know, and she will talk to the landlord as her notice period would otherwise end Jan 1st, to try to get you in Dec 1.

C

October 20, 2003 at 9:26 pm

We *just* found a place today. Have to move Nov. 1st anyhow… nowhere to live after then. We’re moving into the building Jay lives in. Go figure 😉

• sivvy

November 3, 2003 at 7:52 am

Hi 🙂
        I’m the ‘friend from Utah’. I’ve been looking online for a map of the theater and can’t seem to find one. That makes it more difficult to know what good seating would be! I doubt I can afford the Princess Diana seat heehe. I’m looking more in the $40-$45 range. Any tips on what seating I should ask for?

November 3, 2003 at 9:47 am

Hey there,

Upper Balcony is a pretty good view everywhere but row A and row L. Try for central seats, between numbers 10 and 30.

First balcony, you can see everything unless you’re in the last row (which I think is also L, or possibly K, I can’t remember for sure. It’s not that you can’t see, you just have a bit of an overhang, so some of the upper parts of the stage (where nothing really important happens anyway) are a bit obstructed.

Orchestra level you can see from everywhere, although if you’re in AA or A, you have to crane your neck a bit since you’re right near and below the stage.

The Boxes, while they look nice, are 1/3 obstructed. You don’t want to sit in a box.

I think there’s a website with the floor layout of the theatre, at http://www.mirvish.com/ – go to seating maps of the Royal Alexandra theatre. Christmas season appears to be getting pretty busy, you may want to find tickets soonish.