Extra Strength Aspirin commercial

I watch the horrible acting in this commercial (My wrists are on fire) and I can’t help but wonder if they wanted the commercial to have horrible acting, or if they actually just got horrible actors by accident. I mean, these people are grade six reading off the back of their hand quality actors.

So is the horrible acting an effect they’re trying to get, or some terrible mistake? If it’s an effect, it’s failed miserably. The commercial makes me change the station every time I see it, it annoys me so much.

I’ve had my fill of bad actors, I tell you.

• testytree

August 12, 2004 at 9:59 am

We must be watching the same thing. I HATE THAT COMMERCIAL!!!!

• testytree

August 12, 2004 at 9:59 am

We must be watching the same thing. I HATE THAT COMMERCIAL!!!!

• testytree

August 12, 2004 at 10:00 am

Sorry for the double post. My computer has been acting cracked since I moved.

• mishamish

August 12, 2004 at 10:15 am

Maybe they’re hoping that the horrible acting will pain you enough that you need some Aspirin.

• drtrauma

August 12, 2004 at 11:10 am

Ah Yes! They are creating a need for their product. Very shrewd.

August 12, 2004 at 11:23 am

Heh. I don’t use aspirin for pain, though… I use ibuprofen. Or Naproxen if it’s bad. 🙂

I don’t associate Aspirin with pain relief.

• drtrauma

August 12, 2004 at 11:24 am

I hardly ever take any medicine…I’m weird like that.

• mindexplodes

August 12, 2004 at 1:40 pm

hey

So i’ve had a lj for a while, and figured i should probobly add you to my friends list. I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me sooner?

I don’t know if you told Dad about yours, but he doesn’t know about mine ,and i’d like to keep it that way so if you could NOT tell him about it that would be grand. I don’t like the idea of him reading about my adventures…i don’t think he’d approve. 😉

Later
            *Laurie ….(sister)

August 12, 2004 at 4:47 pm

Re: hey

You do realize that, by my choice, I haven’t talked to dad in 7 years, don’t you? As such, I wouldn’t be telling him about your lj. No idea whether or not he knows about mine, but no intention of talking to him beyond what I have to at the wedding anyhow, so I wouldn’t worry about it.

But hi! 🙂 Haven’t talked to you in ages. I’ll add you too.

• mindexplodes

August 14, 2004 at 12:00 am

Re: hey

i thought as much. but it’s better of me to mention it not being a good thing. RATHER than risk the chance of dad being like “drugs?…no house for you”.
            cause, that would more or less suck. =)

August 14, 2004 at 9:50 am

Re: hey

Indeed. 😀

• drtrauma

August 13, 2004 at 9:00 am

Re: hey

That was only mildly confusing… lol

😀

Hello JennyLee’s Sister

August 13, 2004 at 9:48 am

Re: hey

Hehehe… it confused me too, for a minute. I thought she was talking to you, then I thought how supremely odd it would be if you had a sister named Laurie who didn’t want adventures getting back to her dad too… Yeah. I was confused.