Things to be rid of

Does anyone in the Toronto area need any of the following items?

• Metal CD Rack, has floor stand or can be attached to the wall
  • Wood IKEA CD holder, looks like a wood box with nine compartments for CDs. Hangs on the wall, sits on a shelf
  • Silver IKEA 3-drawer dresser, in great shape
  • 6 drawer dresser, not in great shape but still perfectly usable
  • Ikea wall shelves (these attach into the wall directly using wall plugs)
  • Small bookcase, three shelves in white. It’s about 3 feet tall, two feet wide.

That’s all I can think of right now. I’d give all of it away except maybe the silver dresser. I might take that up north and sell it for 15$ or something at the yard sale. If you want anything, let me know. We just don’t want to take it all up north with us. It might be sacrificed to the lawn gods, otherwise, with signs that say ‘please take me, I’m free.’

As I think of other things we don’t want to keep, I’ll mention them here. Please ask friends you know of who might need furniture.

We also have a very nice Metal Frame Futon. It was 500$ when we bought it last september. We’d like to get 300$ for it now, but if we can’t and someone wants to make an offer for it, feel free. It’s got a thick 10+” thick mattress, super-comfy, and it’s raised up off the floor like a bed or normal couch would be. The frame is polished silver. Matches the dresser quite nicely. If you took the bed, I’d give you the dresser… 😉

• strange

August 9, 2004 at 6:58 pm

I might be interested in the silver Ikea dresser drawers… name your price.

August 9, 2004 at 7:11 pm

Just the drawers, or the entire dresser? 🙂 15$ would be cool with me. It was just under 70$ new.

• strange

August 9, 2004 at 7:15 pm

I think that can be arranged. =) Are they transportable via transit and do you have any approximate measurements?

August 9, 2004 at 7:38 pm

I replied to this but it didn’t post. Weird.

The dresser is about 2 feet high by 2 feet wide. It could be taken on transit, just be a little awkward. There are three drawers in it.

• strange

August 9, 2004 at 7:54 pm

I ask because I don’t have access to a car until the last week in August so depending on when you want to rid yourself of it…

(But yeah I will totally take it.)

August 9, 2004 at 9:26 pm

Well, It’ll be here until the last week in August. We’re coming back to Toronto around the 26th of august to move the last of our stuff out. You could just pick it up then?

• strange

August 10, 2004 at 3:39 am

Depends when you leave, I have to work a convention the entire weekend of the 26th and probably won’t have time to do an personal running around till the Monday or Tuesday following.