Election day in the USA

I can make no comment on the state of The Election except that it makes me want to cry with frustration. And I don’t even live there. I can’t imagine how I would feel if I was there.

Work today was long. I organized and reorganized many containers of pure maple syrup. By the time I was done, I was craving pure maple syrup. I am still. Maybe I’ll treat myself tomorrow to some maple syrup candies at work.

Mom picked me up some awesome yarn, all purple mottled and bumpy. I think I’ll crochet a hat with it. I made one for Adam a couple of months ago, now I want one for me because his looks nice and warm.

I am very tired. I think I’ll lie in bed and relax until I fall asleep watching NBC election coverage. Maybe if it’s nice tomorrow I’ll snap a good picture at work of the snow. If it snows again, at least. I took some great ones with the film camera, but can’t spend the money on developing the pictures right now because I desperately want an apartment first. I’m tired of commuting forever.

• ashkitty

November 3, 2004 at 12:47 am

I may be hooking up with you guys pretty soon after all. I have a friend in Vancouver with a spare room for me and the kitties if Bush does in fact win. It’s expensive to pay for the immoigration fees, though.

November 3, 2004 at 10:03 pm

It’s sad that you’d have to do that, although I understand why. And yeah, immigration fees are pretty substantial, I looked into it a few years ago for a friend of mine.

• ashkitty

November 4, 2004 at 12:17 am

It is, isn’t it? It was kind of heartbreaking to realise I was really thinking of fleeing. I was always going to move somewhere anyway, but this wasn’t the way I wanted to do it.

• drtrauma

November 3, 2004 at 8:25 am

Yes. I was photgraphing voter turn out where people spent HOURS in line waiting to vote. So many people are so fed up with W that they were determined to wait as long as it took to vote him out. Unfortunatly though they let the plan out of the bag a little too soon and the less intelligent of our population decided to set up camp in the lines along with us.

I have a car Jennylee, I’ll drive you to work every day if you let me crash on your couch for the next four years.

November 3, 2004 at 9:54 pm

Well, I should have a couch by next month…

• drtrauma