A day without Elevators

I didn’t really mind climbing up the stairs to our floor at work. I seem to be in reasonable shape for that sort of thing, which is good. I feel quite bad for the couriers and our mail pickup guy, as well as our Staples delivery guy who should probably refuse to carry our delivery up 9 floors. I certainly wouldn’t blame him.

I have many pieces of mail to trifold and put into window envelopes. Curses!

I think I’ve developed a phobia of asking people to be in my wedding party. I just can’t have a third friend, I guess. Everyone I’ve asked has said yes, then not been able to actually do it. I know it’s not personal or anything, they all had good reasons, but one can’t help but feel a little down because of it. Anyhow, I’ve run out of ideas for people to ask, and I’m afraid to ask anyone anyhow, so I guess it’ll be an unbalanced wedding party. Why not, it’s already an unbalanced guests thing, what with 20 billion members of Adam’s family (minor exxageration) coming and like six of mine.

I think my brother is walking down the path to darkness again. Not that I can do anything about it, it’s his life, but my stepmother seems to think I can have some impact on him. Not likely, as while we are in the same province we are most definitely not in the same city, I have no transportation, and he’s not exactly open to anyone suggesting his course of action.

In other news, I’m going mountain biking this weekend.

• ashkitty

May 27, 2005 at 5:37 pm

Well, it’s all right if you have an unbalanced wedding party, right? Just have the leftover groomsman walk with your mother, or something…it’ll work out. *pets* And you will find a dress and it will be pretty and the whole thing will go much more smoothly than it seems like now, and the important part is that you’ll be married at the end. 🙂

May 27, 2005 at 8:39 pm

My mother = Not coming

Cuz y’know. 3/4 of my family = not coming

Unless she changes her mind and decides to come, but she’s made it rather clear that she would rather not be in the party, as that means dealing with people and having people look at her and that’s just not cool to her. So yeah.

May 27, 2005 at 11:13 pm

Don’t get me wrong, though… I’m not freaking out or anything. I’m just obsessed with balance. Could be a Libra thing, or maybe it’s just the way I am.

• ashkitty

May 28, 2005 at 2:51 am

Well, symmetry is attractive, especially when you’re trying to be all organised. *pets*

• spadoink

May 28, 2005 at 5:18 am

no elevators = good for butts and calves.

if i get rich by the fall i’ll come to your wedding. i’ll sit in your side of everything. i’ll badmouth adam to all his relatives and i’ll even wear a dress and be in your wedding party if you so desire.

May 28, 2005 at 6:26 am

I’ll hold you to that.

What qualifies as ‘rich?’

• spadoink

May 28, 2005 at 3:08 pm

meaning…if your butt and calves aren’t super hot after 2 weeks of elevator outage you’ll….

oh. that’s not what you meant.
        rich enough that i can continue not to work and that a flight to ontario doesn’t put me at risk of starving.

that would certainly be richer than i currently am.