Wedding crises:

The Dress: I have yet to find someone who can make me a dress who hasn’t vanished on me. Am starting to consider the ‘toga’ look.

The Bridesmaids: Trasie is now my matron of honour. I am short one bridesmaid. I dislike this imbalance.

Family Imbalance: Not really a bit issue (certainly no crisis,) but I imagine I’ll be fielding some interesting questions at the wedding regarding where my mother, father, and siblings are, and why I have no aunts and uncles, when Adam’s family will be there in full force. My choice, I will handle this.

The dress thing is the most frustrating at the moment. I’m not sure how to proceed. Nor do I know what to do about the Bridesmaid issue. I have no friends. heh.

• mindexplodes

May 13, 2005 at 6:59 am

i PROMISS I will try REALLY hard to not get lost for seven hours on the way to your wedding…..if only Karen was so lucky!

for the record though, my dad gave me the WORST DIRECTIONS in the history of ETERNITY. i totally blame him. but i can never say that. and p.s. NEVER CAN YOU.

THIS time. you give me directions.or i find them myslef.

May 13, 2005 at 4:45 pm

I will give you directions. They will be awesome and will include a link to mapquest that can also give you directions. The place is on Highway 11, so you don’t even need to find side roads or anything… just highway (4)17 to highway 11 to the location. Amazingness!

• msfancypants

May 13, 2005 at 11:06 am

You must not worry. (Not that you’re the type). As your matron of honour, I shall make sure stuff goes smoothly. I hope. Or something…

May 13, 2005 at 4:46 pm

I’m not exactly worrying. I won’t do that until it’s getting down to the wire, then I’ll panic. 🙂 Hopefully that won’t happen.

I’m sure you’ll do a fine job.

• laquira

May 13, 2005 at 1:14 pm

HA!
    I have one bridesmaid, one matron of honour..
    Mike only has a best man.. he hasn’t asked for a groomsman or anything

who cares about imbalance.. it doesn’t matter 🙂 You’re pretty imbalanced anyway 😉

Now Trasie just – please – drag me out and let’s decide on what to wear.

May 13, 2005 at 4:47 pm

You’re trying to convince a Libra to not worry about balance? What are ya, nuts? 🙂

Adam’s got two brothers in his party, plus a friend. I can’t take the imbalance!!! 😀

• maggi1234

May 13, 2005 at 6:51 pm

Ask one of his relatives? It’s always a good way to get in good with them and then…no imbalance. this si the reason we are having just one witness each…;)

May 13, 2005 at 7:04 pm

There are no girls that I’m comfortable enough with to ask. That’s kind of the point, I need more people on my side to overcome his family.

• maggi1234

May 13, 2005 at 7:16 pm

I see your point…sorry I couldn’t be of more help.
        With the ushers already at the front will it make a difference? Oh, wait they have to walk back down the isle…forget that, I’m out of the loop.

Any cousins or aunts you like enough to ask…on your side I mean?

May 13, 2005 at 9:40 pm

Hmmm… I have 55 cousins, but none of them are invited because they all live in Utah and I haven’t had contact with them since I was about 10 years old. Same with the Aunts on that side – all in Utah, none in contact for 18 years or so. My aunt on the other side (my mother’s one sibling) is in Welland and probably won’t make it to the wedding. She hates driving for longer than an hour.

Maybe Jay would do it? 🙂

• maggi1234

May 13, 2005 at 10:06 pm

hahahahahaha…ROTFL
            He always did look cute in a dress. 😉
            Now I really wish I could be there!!