Clever wedding favours?

Has anyone ever been to a wedding or heard about one that had really awesome clever wedding favours for the guests? I could use a few suggestions to jumpstart ideas. I’m on a limited budget, but whatever you’ve seen, maybe it’ll give me some ideas for other stuff.

Anyone?

My entire life has been taken over by wedding planning

• jerronimo

June 5, 2005 at 10:32 pm

I was recently at a wedding where we got a CD of music as the favor. The groom, Steve is a DJ in one of the local clubs, and they basically made a cd of all of the songs that either drew them towards eachother, or that they love to dance to together, etc… It’s a really good cd. remind me, i’ll make you a copy. 😉

We gave out Truffles from Vosges. Expensive but delicious

You could always do something like a cd of photos that people can use for desktop images on their computer, some music that you and adam have made together, and perhaps some fun photos of you two together or somesuch. 🙂

• ginamoog

June 5, 2005 at 10:42 pm

Having been married in a quickie wedding I have no advice:)

• ashkitty

June 5, 2005 at 10:43 pm

I told you the legos already, and that’s the only really original one i can remember. (It was fun, though, we built little castles on the tables at the reception. there could be a contest. *g*) Otherwise, I think those little bubble thingies are standard. I remember folding a lot of paper cranes for decorations for another one, but if I think of anything else I’ll tell you. 😉

June 5, 2005 at 10:46 pm

I’ve found the lego candies, and they’re among the top choices at the moment. 🙂

• gramatan

June 5, 2005 at 10:59 pm

Hmm, our wedding is a little later than yours, but Liz and I are talking about making favors out of crocus bulbs. With our mid-November wedding people can go home and plant them immediately. They’re cheap in bulk and hopefully things people will plant. They’re a bit sentimental for us and a bit of color in spring, so hopefully that’s a good combo.

June 5, 2005 at 11:08 pm

Hmm. I was considering some sort of seed or bulb (Adam and I are both fans of gardening, and the them of the wedding seems to be becoming wildflowers) but some people don’t have gardens. I guess that doesn’t really matter though. Not a bad idea.

• drtrauma

June 6, 2005 at 12:57 am

I’ve been to a wedding where they gave these really neat favors. Fortune cookies in a little mesh-like pouch silkscreened with the Chinese character for love. i’m not sure what the fortune was because I kept the whole thing intact but I’m pretty sure it was something about weddings.

Another wedding I went to gave out little plastic picture frames. They had a scaled down newspaper type insert about “the wedding of the century” inside. Very cute and they could always reuse the frame

ummmm that’s about all the good ones I can recall.

• latitude11

June 6, 2005 at 4:57 am

The girl from GoingBridal.com had bride monkeys.. I thought that was kind of cool

I also read in a magazine where as a toy on the table, not really a favor, the bride had made fortune tellers. You know those paper things you put your fingers into and count and open the flaps. Sort of neat, 🙂