Dayle needs a bath….

I may go looking for some cat shampoo. Dayle smells like ass. It is unpleasant.

Who wants to help me bathe Dayle? If I was still set up with a campage I could take the laptop into the bathroom and let you all watch the excitement that ensued, but alas I am not.

That’s right, folks. To keep myself busy today I am seriously entertaining the thought of bathing my cat because he smells.

Yikes.

• spadoink

February 23, 2007 at 10:07 pm

i’m not sure you could have a bathroom large enough to be far enough from a wet dayle that i would consider leaving a cat in it.

• deb_or_ah

February 23, 2007 at 10:32 pm

smelly cat
    smelly cat
    What are they feeding you?

smelly cat
    smelly cat
    It’s not your fault!

• youenjoymyself

February 24, 2007 at 12:21 am

Good luck … and try not to get seriously injured!!

• mindexplodes

February 24, 2007 at 7:06 am

isn’t it too cold? we never bathe the tasha in the winter!

February 24, 2007 at 4:22 pm

They don’t go outside anymore. Living on the third floor in an apartment makes it hard, and before that we stopped letting them out because Dayle’s a complete idiot and picks fights with animals that bite through his tail, requiring emergency trips to the vet and providing our house with a lovely new blood-spattered decor. 🙂

• theoldmac

February 24, 2007 at 8:58 am

To quote the ever profound Bubbles:

“Kitties aren’t supposed to smell like cigarettes, Kitties are supposed to smell like Kitties!”

if you lived on the same planet these days, I’d be over in a flash to help. That boy needs some discipline!

I say hogtie him first, then one person hold his head while the other scrubs the suds. In the bathtub for obvious reasons, but with the water in a basin, cuz you may have to pin him to the tub. Remember, don’t untie him until after he’s sufficiently dried.

He’ll be pissed at you for a day or two, but when he comes up for snuggles the next time… he’ll smell like kitties.

February 24, 2007 at 5:59 pm

He seems to be over it already. He was only angry for maybe five hours. Now that he’s dry and warm again, he’s happy to rest his 17 lbs on my lap and try to interfere with typing once more.

• femaleinvert

February 26, 2007 at 7:23 pm

Wow I would not want to bathe a cat…

It’s Monika from Bebby’s party, add me?