Ultra Magnus Ultrasound

We had our first ultrasound today. It wasn’t supposed to be until the 20th, but I did the triple screen maternal serum test (questionable though its results may be) and they wanted to confirm how far along we are. Apparently the test came back suggesting that I might not be as far along as we had thought. Sadly, this means I have to do the triple screen AGAIN.

As it turns out, I’m not, apparently. Not entirely suprising considering how weird September and October were for my cycle. At any rate, I’m about 15 weeks along, according to measurements from the ultrasound. Our technician was really nice and pointed things out to us, which was very cool. She printed out a few pictures for us, which I brought to work and scanned, and promptly posted up on flickr.

During the ultrasound I couldn’t help but think “well, I guess there’s really a baby in there…” Heh. Nothing like seeing a little moving creature to solidify things, I guess. Adam was really excited about it too.

Too early to tell whether it’s a boy or girl yet, I think. They didn’t ask if we wanted to know, anyhow.

This is the flickr set

And here’s a sample pic:
Ultra Magnus - in profile

• artyste

February 8, 2008 at 5:28 am

AFAIK, Doctors in many places in B.C. (especially in Vancouver), aren’t legally *allowed* to tell you the sex of the baby anyway. Finding out on the ultrasound if it’s obvious (seeing little boy parts or whatever), is fine, but you won’t be told even if you ask and they know.

The only place I know of for sure that they will tell you is Vernon.

• cryo

February 8, 2008 at 6:46 am

OMG, IT’S FULL OF STARS!!!

• theoldmac

February 8, 2008 at 8:09 am

ZOMG!!!

dude! I don’t check my LJ friends list in a while and look what I miss!!!

CONGRATS!!!! wow, Adam must be thrilled! you must be scared shitless! that’s awesome!!!

• jenny

February 8, 2008 at 2:35 pm

I feel like I’m one of the only people whose due date got pushed up instead of pushed back after my ultrasound 😛

Your pictures are so clear, look at the face!! The nose!! That is so awesome 🙂 Did you get to hear the heartbeat?!

p.s. After one of your last posts, I bought some maternity pants and I haven’t been so comfortable in weeks! I’m not showing, but none of my old pants fit me right in the waist anymore. Thank you for the heads up!

February 8, 2008 at 8:38 pm

We didn’t get to hear it through the ultrasound; we did watch it beating though, which was crazy. The midwife has a little machine that does an audio ultrasound, though, and I got to hear it that way a few weeks ago… I think we’ll be able to hear it better next week at the next appointment with the midwife.

And yeah, the pants thing was a pain, but getting the maternity pants was the best thing ever.

February 8, 2008 at 7:44 pm

Adam doesn’t want to know. I switch between wanting and not wanting on a regular basis, which makes me lean towards not finding out, since I’m so indecisive about it 🙂

February 8, 2008 at 8:17 pm

What are you doing, Dave?

February 8, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Re: ZOMG!!!

Naw, not really scared yet. I imagine that’ll hit eventually.

Thanks!