Snow!

It’s snowing big, fluffy, light flakes outside my window. Usually by this time in Vancouver it does not snow. It’s pretty, though.

Due to the snow, I may need to go out and purchase a wrap of some sort to wear over the dress I am wearing to the Graphex Awards dinner (emcee’d by zefrank!) to keep myself warm in transit. I don’t think it would be a big deal if I were driving, but I have no car and no desire to drive downtown on a Friday night even if I wanted one. Since I’m on transit, a shawl (and maybe some dressy boots) are in order. Yesterday I purchased a skirt, a couple blouses and a very pretty dress at a maternity shop in Kitsilano (where else?) since none of my current pretty outfits actually fit me properly at the moment.

The belly is getting large, round, and extremely noticeable. I hope to introduce Ultra Magnus to zefrank this evening.

Speaking of Ultra Magnus, his/her kicking is getting stronger. Last night Adam and I went out to a pub with some of my work friends (including David Suzuki and his lovely wife Tara) where there was a live performer playing some guitar and singing. Since I don’t spend much time in loud venues, Ultra Magnus was awake and moving about the whole time. There were a couple of kicks in there that caught me off guard with how strong they were… it was really crazy. I’d be in the middle of a conversation with someone (yelling over the music) and the kid would give me a swift boot to the belly – enough to make me lean back suddenly with a weird look on my face.

Really, though, right now I’m loving the kicking and moving about. Ultra Magnus also moves around a lot right after I eat candy or chocolate. Naturally, I have a stash of leftover from Easter Cadbury mini eggs sitting at my desk.

I do need to pick up a prenatal yoga dvd. I did the regular dvd with Adam two nights ago, and there were some poses that I just couldn’t do (for obvious reasons) and some that I’m not supposed to do while pregnant. If I pick up a prenatal one, I can do that instead. I’ve also considered going to some drop-in prenatal yoga classes on the weekend, but haven’t had the nerve yet. I’m not great at going to classes and things all by my lonesome.

• cyn

March 28, 2008 at 6:41 pm

i don’t know which is a more alien concept to me – being strongly kicked from the inside, or having a beer down at the local pub with David Suzuki.

🙂

hope that bubby doesn’t kick too much at night – that would be super annoying.

i’m so excited for you guys!!!

• mithoviel

March 28, 2008 at 7:33 pm

ZeFrank!

Watch your mailbox…I hope it fits!

And the other thing…we got two of them…so if you like it you can hang it.

AND…I’ve got another package I haven’t sent yet…

• femaleinvert

March 28, 2008 at 8:00 pm

I love that your baby was dancing at a pub in-utero!

Ok, I finally figured out who I think you look like every time I see a picture of you:

You two may actually be long lost twins…

March 29, 2008 at 7:22 am

that’s right, my kid likes the live music 😉

And that’s pretty cool that you think I look like her – she’s awfully pretty. Thanks!

• scottobear

March 28, 2008 at 8:19 pm

Keep on growing and being healthy… and Ultra Magnus, too!

• jenny

March 28, 2008 at 11:12 pm

That’s funny, ours really likes to get active after I eat candy/sweets, too! My mom thinks I’m just making that up as an excuse to get to eat more candy 😛

The movement is ~crazy~ to me, I’ve been feeling it stronger every week! I just wish I were starting to show as much on the outside as it feels I must be changing on the inside, y’know?

March 29, 2008 at 7:23 am

yeah, the whole movement thing is incredibly weird and difficult to explain to Adam. I love it though, for now. 🙂

March 29, 2008 at 7:20 am

They’re both still pretty alien concepts to me. Suzuki’s a powerful force in a room, and it gets kind of overwhelming sometimes. And the baby is pretty much everything right now… feeling it kick me from the inside is just plain STRANGE.

So far Ultra Magnus doesn’t kick hard enough to be seriously annoying, but I have a feeling it will reach that point eventually.

March 29, 2008 at 7:21 am

Aww thanks! I’ll keep an eye out.

ZeFrank was very cool – super nice guy to talk to. I actually felt like he was interested in talking to me, too, which was amusing since I was totally a fangirl when I went up to him.

• mindexplodes

March 31, 2008 at 6:41 am

amazing . i can’t believe you get to work with david suzuki ! if you ever got the chance and didn’t think it was totally weird , would you mind sending him the picture i drew of him as captain planet?

he seems like the type who might think it was funny….and i am a big fan. And hopefully he would get the refferance to the cartoon and didn’t think i was some creepster drawing him in weird spandex outfits.