Countdown…

They phoned me today to confirm my C/section date. Unfortunately, although I gave them my cellphone number, they actually called my home number, and I was out all day doing a maternity photo shoot with a photographer friend. They left voicemail saying that had the date, but didn’t actually TELL me what the date is. I called back at ten to six, but the office was closed (of course.)

Chances are good that they’re closed tomorrow, as well, what with it being Canada Day and full of stat-holidayness. This means that I won’t know my actual date (Ultra Magnus’ birthday) until Wednesday.

In other news, it is really, really hot out and our apartment doesn’t have good airflow. It is not comfortable. Also, my nose is so dry that I’ve developed issues with my right eustachian tube, which is blocked half the time and sounds like a dull, low-pitched roar. I’ve been spraying my nose with saline solution, which helps, but by morning with the fans running all night I’m so dry by morning it’s rather uncomfortable. I’m hoping the heat wave doesn’t last. Spending the day in Kitsilano down by the water was refreshing and breezy – wish I could get that kind of airflow through this place…

• deb_or_ah

July 1, 2008 at 5:35 am

could you get a humidifier as well as the fans? keep some moisture in the room?

July 1, 2008 at 6:03 am

Not a bad idea – it’s crossed my mind a couple of times, but I never remember to look into it when I’m out. Will have to try and remember soon.

July 1, 2008 at 6:03 am