As per the norm, there is no requirement to do this meme if I do, in fact, tag you. Since my livejournal imports into facebook notes, and fb is being ASSTASSTIC about not loading right now, I’ll just post this here and let RSS do the work.
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right-hand corner of the page), then click Publish.)
1. I’ve had my cats, Dayle and Sera, since 1998. That means they’ll be eleven years old this spring.
2. I started watching What Not To Wear this fall. Contrary to what I thought it would be, it has actually taught me a lot about how to buy clothes that will work for me. My slowly accumulating post-baby wardrobe is reflecting what I’ve learned.
3. I feel like I’m much thinner than photos show me to be. While this is a good thing for my general self-confidence, it’s HIGHLY unsettling when I see photos of myself.
4. If I really, truly want something, I’m pretty sure I can bring it into existence through force of will.
5. I used to read at least two or three novels a month. In the past eight months, I’ve read one. Not one a month. Just one.
6. I’ve recently noticed that my hands look older. It is weird.
7. The longest time I’ve ever lived in an apartment is 3 years and counting. I’m currently in that apartment, and up to 3 years and one month.
8. We’re going to have to move sometime in the next year. That is unfortunate.
9. I can be excessively hyper-competitive in a very passive aggressive way.
10. I get angry when I make mistakes – usually at myself, and rather unfairly most of the time.
11. I’m only getting around to playing Final Fantasy VII for the first time right now.
12. Like any new mom, I’m pretty sure my baby’s a genius. No, really. She is. Honest. And also she’s incredibly cute.
13. I sometimes zone out in the middle of conversations and miss what people say entirely. Usually I don’t get caught, however, and I can piece together what I missed once I realize I’ve done it.
14. I used to get serious headaches/migraines around once a week from the time I was 13 years old. I stopped taking the pill a couple of years ago. I have had two or three since then.
15. I want to be involved in things, but I have a lot of trouble just involving myself. I need invitations or requests to feel comfortable getting involved in stuff.
16. I hate being bored. It makes me depressed and lazy, thus turning into a deadly cycle of inaction and frustration.
17. I love video games. I like playing them (unless I’m REALLY terrible at them, then I get annoyed and throw controllers and such) but I also enjoy watching them being played. Except for WWII games, and other realistic (read: non-sci-fi) First Person Shooters, especially ones with limited storyline (Unreal Tournament, Warhawk, Q3A etc.) – those ones bore me.
18. I’ve started sneezing in the evening when I feed Lyra. It’s really weird, and has only been happening for a month or so. Hormone related, maybe?
19. It has so far taken me two days to come up with things to put in this list, and I’m only at 19.
20. I like the rain. It takes a lot of rain (like 3 weeks straight) to really start to bother me.
21. I really enjoy shooting guns.
22. There has never been a question for me of my wanting to be with Adam. I knew from the time we started dating that I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life, if he would have me. I just had to wait for him to come to the same conclusion.
23. This is a prime number. I like prime numbers. I also like numbers that are square roots. Math can be such a pretty, symmetrical thing. That said, I’m not great at math. I just like it.
24. I used to have little to no self confidence. It was a very slow, painstaking process to build it up. I have a lot now comparatively, and I take a lot of pride in the fact that I built it myself. I take pride in a lot of things I do, now.
25. I’m a night person. I do my best writing and thinking, and am the most functional, when I can stay up until late at night. Just don’t try and talk to me before I wake up in the morning. I’m scary then.