Untitled

I remember, a few weeks ago, I wondered to myself if people actually can get hit on the head with bird droppings. I don’t know why I was wondering this, or what prompted me to think about it, but I did.

Today, standing outside on break, in the parking lot, I heard a “splat-splat-splat” sound. I looked around, and asked Lori & Peter if they heard that. They looked back at me blankly, so I looked at the ground around me. There, right next to my foot, then a few feet back in 2 other places, were freshly-dropped bird droppings. Six inches to the left, and it would have hit me right smack in the middle of the head.

I really shouldn’t wonder things like that anymore, I think.

• ginamoog

August 10, 2000 at 1:49 pm

I had a bird poop on my shoulder before:) They say its good luck, hahaha.

August 11, 2000 at 6:20 am

Good luck, eh? Maybe my definition of luck doesn’t involve any sort of animal droppings… Hmmm. 😉

• Anonymous

August 10, 2000 at 2:37 pm

darublah says blah too

luv the little blah guys, but for blah s/he’s still to smiley. Blah should be all frowney without the mad attached to it. They should have one with a little poop on it’s head for those really horrible blah days

August 11, 2000 at 6:18 am

Re: darublah says blah too

Yeah, I know what you mean… Definitely too smiley for my perception of Blah.

• rpgman

August 10, 2000 at 10:06 pm

It’s not always the other guy

I have had the unfortunate experience of having bird ‘droppings’ land on my head. I was around 10 years old and we had just left church when IT happened. We stopped at my aunts house, since she lived the closest, and washed my hair.

I had a second experience when my future wife and I went out to dinner with her father and grandparents. We were walking from the car to the restaurant and bird ‘droppings’ landed on the shoulder of my coat. I abandoned the coat in the car and tolerated the cold!

Overall, both were experiences that I could have lived without. I’m just hoping that it need not repeated again during this lifetime.

August 11, 2000 at 6:19 am

Re: It’s not always the other guy

I think you’ve probably reached your quota then. Eeep!